Terms and Conditions
The Hoppy Mare Mobile Pub Terms & Conditions January 2020.
The term ‘Licensed Mobile Pub' refers to the the owners personal license to sell alcohol and the premises license or temporary event notice applicable to the venue at which The Hoppy Mare is operating.
1. Consumption of own drinks condition – Guests are required to purchase their drinks from the bar we provide for your event. This means that guests are not permitted to bring their own drinks for consumption at the venue. This is a licensing condition for which we retain responsibility. We reserve the right to confiscate unauthorised drinks or remove them from the premises.
2. Reception/arrival drinks arranged by either you or another provider are permitted providing they are for consumption during the pre-meal period. We would ask that you inform us if this is the case in advance so that we know what arrangements have been made. Table wine and all other table drinks including drinks for toasting arranged by either you or another provider are permitted providing they are for consumption during the meal only. We would ask that you inform us if this is the case in advance so that we know what arrangements have been made. All other drinks provided for your event must be supplied by us
3. Special orders requests for specific drinks must be made at least 14 days prior to your event date.
4. We are responsible for the operation of The Hoppy Mare Mobile Bar or any bar which we are operating at your event even if we are using your equipment. We operate in accordance with the licensing act 2003. This means that the premises used for the event, including marquees or private houses, will have been licensed or be subject to a temporary event notice to permit the retailing of alcohol for the duration of the event and the licensing law will be in operation. If no such license, or temporary event notice, exists for the premises the bar will not be permitted to open. A copy of the license,or temporary event notice, must be available for inspection upon our arrival. If you have selected our temporary event notice application service we will carry a copy of the event notice with us.
5. We operate a strict policy on underage drinking. Guests that appear to be under 21 years of age may be challenged for photo I.D. in an acceptable format. Acceptable formats include driving licenses, passports or pass approved I.D. cards.
6. Your hire booking is subject to a damage and security deposit of £250.00. Your payment must be made within 7 days of making your booking in order to hold your booking and preferred date, failure to make the payment will result in your preferred date being made available again to other prospective clients. This payment can either be made by electronic bank transfer or by cash or card payment in person.
7. The damage and security deposit will be taken off your final bill.
8.Deposits may be retained in the event of cancellation of your booking.
9. James & Deborah Hewett, owners of The Hoppy Mare, reserve the right to cancel any booking giving at least 28 days notice to the client. In this instance any deposit will be returned to the client.
10. A surcharge of £500.00 will apply to all hirers in the event of cancellation (whatever the circumstances) of the event without giving more than 24 hours notice.
11. Deposits will be retained should your event breach conditions 1 and 2 above.
12. Access – You will be required to ensure that we have access to the venue at the time we agree with you for the set up of The Hoppy Mare or to set up other equipment associated with your event . You must inform us in advance if there are restrictions to the venue access such as time restrictions, parking restrictions or car park height restriction .
13. Full payment of agreed hire charge of The Hoppy Mare and or services being provided must be made at least 7 days prior to your event via electronic bank transfer or in person by cash or card.
14. If you have arranged a free bar for your guests then the returnable minimum spend deposit of £750 must be paid at least 7 days prior to your event via electronic bank transfer or in person by cash or card.